Bug?, Grid Moves between Legacy and OpenGL

In every version of KiCad, I’ve had wandering grid problems that show up randomly. This includes all the 4.X versions of the stable release; although I have not tested the last 2 stable releases).

I have, over time, found that pressing F9 then F11 resets quite a few problems.

For grins, I repeatadly hit F9,F11,F9,F11,F9,F11… repeat. What I saw on the screen was quite interesting.

OpenGL Rendering set to Subpixel Antialiasing (High Quality).
Full screen cursor checked.
Always display cursor checked.

Application: kicad
Version: (2017-09-08 revision 19ad350c1)-makepkg, release build
Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.0.3
libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.11 libssh2/1.8.0 nghttp2/1.23.1 librtmp/2.3
Platform: Windows 7 (build 7601, Service Pack 1), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW
Build Info:
wxWidgets: 3.0.3 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
Boost: 1.60.0
Curl: 7.54.1
Compiler: GCC 7.1.0 with C++ ABI 1011

Build settings:
USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=ON
BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
KICAD_USE_OCE=ON
KICAD_SPICE=ON

And, to make it even more interesting, do it a second time…

I’ll try to do a little more testing to have a more polished report of exactly what is happening. I hope other users will report their results as well.

Thanks.

Bump, because it seems like some of the other recently reported issues may be related to this one.

Do you mean the slight jump/offset of the grid? Looks weird at first, but taking some items on the page as reference (in this case the border of the default page layout), they jump by the same amount. Maybe you could record a short sequence of your desktop to show what you mean?

I’m running Kicad 4.0.7 on Debian 9.