BUG: Cannot make traces between two pads in recent 5.99

Hello everyone!
I’ve got a very weird problem with latest KiCAD nightly 5.99:
` Application: KiCad (64-bit)

Version: (5.99.0-13196-g97a4034d95), release build

Libraries:
    wxWidgets 3.1.5
    libcurl/7.78.0-DEV Schannel zlib/1.2.11

Platform: Windows 10 (build 19043), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW

Build Info:
    Date: Nov 10 2021 00:00:59
    wxWidgets: 3.1.5 (wchar_t,wx containers)
    Boost: 1.76.0
    OCC: 7.5.0
    Curl: 7.78.0-DEV
    ngspice: 35
    Compiler: Visual C++ 1929 without C++ ABI

Build settings:
    KICAD_USE_OCC=ON
    KICAD_SPICE=ON`

I am unable to draw traces from a pad to another. (Drawing traces on an empty canvas still works though)
Here the video (I checked, I don’t have any stuck keys on my keyboard.)

video

In fact, the only way to make connections between two pads is to overshoot - here the demo:

video

Update 1: Shove mode only exhibits this behavior - Connecting pads works fine in Walkaround and in Highlight mode!

Alexander aka hwreverse

is it this? https://gitlab.com/kicad/code/kicad/-/issues/9598

1 Like

Yes. exactly

Alexander aka hwreverse

This seems to have been fixed in the latest nightly build.

A fix was committed (and the issue closed) 3 hours after the bug was reported.

Which means that if you still experience this issue in the latest nightly (today, maybe tomorrow) then you should re-open that issue.

tested. It is fixed. (Thank you @craftyjon btw)

Seems to be my karma somehow , to find really weird bugs :blush:

Have you considered a career in entomology?

1 Like

Bugs are normal in software, ur karma has nothing to do with finding software bugs :smiley: A new release is coming and we all need to collaborate at the moment.

I teach at the University (Advanced PCB Design with KiCAD amongst other things btw), and yeah among my students , there are some interesting specimens :blush:, so … much larger than just insects.

In all fairness, I am quite happy with the youngsters, for the most part quite capable.

I 've been in the industry for 20+ years already, so yeah I get very suspicious when bugs are not showing themselves. I meant that I get really weird ones (not just you know, usual segfaults & crashes) .

In February, (some day at 3 am) , after an update on 5.99.0-9276-gf1039dfb94t I couldn’t create global labels all of a sudden (only copy and paste existing ones). Looking at the screen I told myself: One of us must be really high…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.