I made a BOM reporter with the following features
- allow coarse or fine matching, depending on how many component requirements are added in KiCad
- having a - in the component value in KiCad shows available components of that component kind, filtered by its requirement restrictions.
- report stock components that match a range of values
- share specifications between components in PartKeepr categories
- display E-series, see at a glance how general or special values are
- display max voltage and max current of resistors when powerrating is know.
- display max current of zenerdiodes when powerrating is know
- display calculated specifications besides schematic values
- Update PartKeepr
- update descriptions with uniformly generated ones, also showing inherited parameters
- update part names with uniform formatting
- import matched stock components in a PartKeepr project
- create parts that aren’t in the PartKeepr database yet.
The same tool can calculate as well, as explained over here: