BOM files problem while loading on manufacturers website

Hello everyone. Am a newbie in the area of PCB manufacturing. I have been doing the design for long but when it came to the generation of the manufacturing files someone else took over the process. Now am alone and I need to upload project for manufacturing through the PCBWAY
PCBWay Community:Your Home for PCB,Electrical Engineering & Electronics Community
I have downloaded the BOM from KICAD EDA and on trying to upload to manufactures website it does not go through because the file is not supported. Is there something that am doing wrongly or what can be the problem?
Your help is highly welcomed.
regards!

It’s probably best if you contact PCBWAY directly to find out what they need by way of BOM files and how to upload or email them. Ultimately they are the ones who are responsible for helping you get it right. They have pages of How-Tos, have you looked through them?

1 Like

I have tried to check on their website but I could not get the right guide. I was interested on a video guide. Let me contact them for further guidance. Also, am getting some information that the headings on the BOM printed from the KICAD should be changed because the manufacturers have a systematic way of doing things. I will update more if the PCBWAY team respond to the email that am going to send to them.
Thanks!

Does your file match the spec defined here?

3 Likes

Thank you so much. This is the actual mistake that I have been doing. I uploaded the file that i downloaded from the KICAD directly into PCBWAY of which I need to edit some information as directed in the link that you have shared.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.