BOM file format in eschema

Hi. I run V4.0.5 under win7 64 bit professional.

The bom2csv plugin seems to only produce xml files. I need to get true CSV if possible after the fashion of the older versions. That allowed the choice of grouping by common attributes or by individual components and I always favoured the latter,

I can get a CSV BOM from the PCBnew package, but then common components are all on the same line, and sometimes capacitors of the same value need individual types / voltage specifying, even if they are the same package size. Classic examples may be X2 rated .47uF and 600V .47uF, same value, same package, different specification.

Is it envisaged to incorporate the CSV format of BOM to Eschema, or is it already there and I am just not using it properly?

Check out https://github.com/SchrodingersGat/KiBoM which provides CSV and HTML output with configurable options.

Currently there is no native BOM generator tool in eeschema, but watch this space, plans are afoot… :wink:

Thanks for that. I already have this as a plug-in. Being naïve, I expected a plugin called bom2csv to produce a csv file, and wondered if I had missed a step out somewhere.