BOM Command line options meaning?

I’ve been making some edits to the BOM generation to make it work for how I want it to work, but I don’t understand some things about how the command line is set up and stored for the different plugins.

The command line for the BOM generation has:
python 'path to script' "%I" "%O"

The BOM script that I built takes another input that has some PCB information (like PCB material, copper weight, etc) that I want in the BOM file. My question is how can I add a new command line argument so that I can have the settings file in the project file. I feel like I’m explaining myself badly.

There is the "%I" argument, which is relative to the project path. That’s what I would like to add. I would have a board settings file per project that would be in the root project path.

On the other hand, I was wondering where the command line setting was stored. When I first imported the script, it had the same command line as the script I edited it from. But I changed the command line and it seems to persist through closes/opens. How can I make sure whatever settings I need are saved?

Let me know if you need more info.

Edit:

Thinking about it, I think I’m just going check to see if the BOM is there, and if it is I will make a copy of it so I can check notes/edits and move them to the new BOM by hand. This should be okay!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.