Bitmap doesn't show up on PDF

I’m inserting a PNG image on the Drawing Sheet Editor, importing the file on the Schematic and it appears, as expected. But when I export the schematic to a PDF file, the bitmap image doesn’t appear. I’m using KiCAD version 6.0.1
Thank you!

I’m pretty sure this bug has been reported and fixed (in the upcoming 6.0.2) but I can’t find the issue on gitlab at the moment. 6.0.2 will be out soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does plot yield a result which is different from print? If you have only tried one, I would try the other.

1 Like

This one, I think.

2 Likes

Thank you!
Using plot solved the issue!

Also, happy to see KiCAD is evolving fast and has a great community, I’m new here and I’m really liking all that. I’m making my first STM32 hardware design and will publish it as Open Source

2 Likes

Plot has the added advantage that the text is computer searcheable. “Find R32” works with a plotted .pdf but not with a printed .pdf. Unless your schematic does not have R32. :grinning:

Does anyone know of an advantage for printing a .pdf versus plotting?

2 Likes

I think when I do stuff with pdf and go to print I have options like ‘fit to page’. Software wise it might be a relatively easy thing to put in because of existing code bases.

When I looked at both for the first time, I was sure about what ‘print’ was meant to do and didn’t know what was plot

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.