BGA Footprint Design

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone please provide the relevant documents to design BGA footprint in KIcad?

Thanks in advance.

What part of the design process are you interested in?
Is your trouble specific to BGA in this case how is it specific to BGA?
Do you already know how the resulting footprint should look like? (Do you already have a dimensioned drawing of the footprint and all its layers or do you only have a drawing of the package with its balls.)

One sentence is seldom enough to get a specific enough answer to be useful. Next time please be a bit more specific.

Hello @Rene_Poschl

Thank you for your quick reply.

I need to design the Footprint for NUF2441FCT1G in KICAD. I am new to design this type of footprints.
Thank you

Do you know how to design footprints in general? (Any tool? Kicad?)

Yes, I know that. Is there any special measures should be taken in NUF2441FCT1G design

First open the Footprint editor.
Then select the icon: “New footprint using footprint wizard” which looks like a Dip chip with yellow star on top of it.

Again, dip chip with yellow star for: “Select Wizard script to run”.
Select the "BGA Footprint Wizard and click [OK].
You can now edit the numbers for Pitch, Size, Columns, Rows for the pads, and also some parameters for the “Package” size. (Width, length, margin).

After that export the wizard generated Footprint to the Footprint editor, where you can add more refinements.

A small word of caution:
Before you put a lot of effort into designing custom footprints, make sure you know how to save the footprints (in a library?) an use them in Pcbnew, Eeschema, etc.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.