Best connector to connect high power board to low power board

Hi all… Hope you are all doing well.
I am designing a DC motor controller. I have a low power board (control logic, PWM board) and a high power board (FETs, fuse and shunt for current measurement). I want to connect them together but not sure what would be the best connector to use.
How thick should the pins be, the max wire lenght, or the type of connector.
I will have the following coming out of the high power board to connect to the low power board (control logic).
pwm, inverted pwm with nonoverlapping region, Vbat (24v), gnd (not sure if I need that) and off course vmotor.
The pwm and inverted pwm will be connected to the gate driver (UCC 27714) on the low power board (Ho and Lo)
Vmotor is connected to Hs on the gate driver.
I want pins for Vbat and gnd in case needed.

Any advice regarding type of connector or perhaps multiple connectors is appreciated.
If you have knowledge of the motor controllers (especially high power ; in the 100s of amps) and willing to share… Would love to hear.

Appreciate your help in advance.

I’m surprised about a question about very basic connector properties for someone designing a multiple kW motor controller.

This is not just about the connector. It looks like it’s about system design of a motor controller.
Wire length between “Gate drivers” and “power devices” is always a concern Both for radiated EMI an noise pickup. But overall, your question is much to vague to give a meaningful answer.

I quite often use Hackaday to get an Idea of what some sort of systems look like. A quick search finds at least 2 projects for motor controllers in the 50+ kW range.

The Axiom motor controller is also listed on: Made with kicad | KiCad EDA

And there probably are more.

There are also quite some teardowns of motor controllers for electric vehicles on youtube with lot’s of interesting details.

But mostly, this forum is dedicated to the KiCad software and how it works, and not about electronics and electronics projects. For those there are dedicated forums where you will get much better answers. I suspect this topic will be closed quite soon for being “off topic”.

1 Like

Especially because we are talking about lethal power…

2 Likes