Atomic Bulk Edits : Edit Multiple Items As Individuals Instead Of As Group

Question

Is there a means to select multiple items and rotate/mirror all of them as if each individual item had been individually rotated/mirrored, one after the other, rather than rotate/mirror the items as a mass?

I tried holding ALT when using the mirror right-click menu item or the hotkey, and I didn’t see anything in the Edit Text And Graphic Properties wizard.

Example

When I have this (but with 20+ items):

I can only get this:

But sometimes I would like this:

PCB editor only (until 8.0): Select the items then punch in a new desired Orientation in the properties panel

1 Like

With texts this works:
First create some texts:

Then select them all:

Schematic Editor / Edit / Edit Text & Graphics Properties and then set the Scope, Filters and Set To sections:

Then click OK and voila:

The text have now rotated while staying in their position.

This does not work for wire labels though.
I don’t know if this is (another) bug you found, or if it’s by design.

1 Like

@paulvdh : I think @craftyjon said this is in the pcb editor and coming to the schematic editor in 8.0 within the wizard.

I’d like to see atomic rotations also available as hotkeys, so for example:

R : rotate all selected items as a group
Alt+R : rotate all selected items individually

X : mirror all selected items as a group
Alt+X : mirror all selected items individually

Ctrl+D : duplicate all selected items
Ctrl+Alt+D : duplicate + increment all selected items

(And holding Alt when viewing a right-click menu would ostensibly show the alternative functions — independent of the actual set hotkeys, as some folx might change away from Alt)

1 Like

He did, but what was your question about?
Your post does not state it, and with these newfangled color schemes you can’t tell from the backgroundcolor. And in your other threads you also use a black background, and you were fiddling a lot with loads of labels in the schematic.

At first, what you answered, but also including symbols.

(And then in a later post the inquiry for potential hotkeys to perform these functions rather than use of a wizard.)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.