Assist with what footprint to use?

Sharp eyes, should, could I tell JLCPCB pcb about this, or should I follow the footprint from Ther page?

If you order only PCB and you will be assembling it yourself they need not to know how you place the elements on PCB.

If they are expected to assemble PCB they have to get from you all needed information. Specially if something is untypical (I didn’t checked it myself, but I understand that we have here diode with Anode marked). I have never ordered anything from JLCPCB. Someone who assembles PCBs is not interested which one pad you numbered as 1 or as 2. But they should get a picture from what they can find at what element end the marking should be. I used only typical diodes with Kathode marked. I don’t know what I would do to ensure correct assembly if I had to use diode with Anode marked. As someone can think that you used typical marking and marked Kathode and he knows that this diode has Anode marked and he could decide that he have to place it reversed…
I would probably avoid using such diode.

If you are using JLCPCB’s PCBA service you’re going to have to do adjustments to your CPL (POS) file before submission anyway based on how it appears in their preview. In my experiment, the transistors were rotated 180° and the IC was rotated 90°. It seems to be due to the orientation in their database. I can’t tell you which way it will turn out, you’ll just have to watch out for these things. Someone suggested their PnP preprocessor and personal database that stores the orientation for JLCPCB parts. (PnPPP - Pick & Place Pre-Processor | Hackaday.io) I don’t expect to do enough PCBA to be worth my time to set this up. Also it was developed to run with Altium but the author claims that it would work for any ECAD that generates CSV BOM and CPL files.

I think the only thing that can be misplaced on this pcb is led and diod, and that is the only thing I want them to mounte.

Best would be if I could ensure that they do it correctly.

You want the PCB to be assembled by them?

Go though the first part of the ordering process to get some experience with it. I think they show you a picture of what they think the assembled PCB will should look like. Always pay close attention to diodes and LED’s. Usually the cathode is marked, but sometimes the anode is marked. You have to very carefully check the pictures they give you with your schematic and the actual datasheets of the parts used.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.