Assigning Footprints & ERC

Final end node without jumpers.pdf (81.8 KB)

Hello everyone,
I have first made my schematic which i have attached in PDF form. In my project i have used an arduino pro mini and RTC libraries which i have separately downloaded from the internet.However i could only download the libraries not the individual footprints.

In my pro mini & Rtc i have done a bit of customization as in removed some LEDs , regulator etc.
Now my current issues are:-
1)When i performed the rules check lot of errors were reported i have attached the picture. There is a green marker pointing towards the mistakes but i have no idea what’s wrong with my connections.
2)When i have assigned footprints to my symbols i got the following errors, now my main doubt here is that i symbols which i built directly in my schematics got their footprints directly assigned without my interference, but the pro mini and rtc and their respective pin connectors etc which i downloaded from the net didn’t get their footprints assigned.
I have attached a pic of the footprints which got assigned.Whichever components had end node written next to them didn’t get their footprints assigned, so how do i know which footprint to exactly assign to them?
Also what a fiducial mean & why is it required?

Your schematic does not define where its power comes from ErrType(3): Pin connected to some others pins but no pin to drive it

The error message is quite clear here as well. Whatever you downloaded is not a valid KiCad symbol. At least not for the current version. How can i assign a footprint to a symbol?

By reading the datasheet and checking which footprint fits. And if there is no fitting footprint available to you then you will likely need to make one.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.