Assign Pin Numbers to Exposed Pads in Footprint

Hi,
i want to contribute a footprint for Diodes Package U-DFN2020-6(Type B)
used by e.g. https://www.diodes.com/assets/Datasheets/ds31643.pdf

How to name the footprint?
U-DFN2020-6(Type B) or DFN-6-2EP_2x2mm_P0.65mm_EP1x0.6mm

And shall i assign the pin numbers 3 & 6 to the exposed pads?

If you intent this package to be used in your personal lib only then you can name it whatever you want and assign the pinnumbers as you like. (Assuming you create a fitting symbol for your chosen pin numbering scheme.)
For the pin numbers it might however make sense to use a pin numbering scheme such that you can use an existing symbol. Or alternatively go fully generic with it and use pin numbers 7 and 8 as it allows the same footprint to be used should the same package house a very different device.

The given footprint name looks reasonable to me. As this is a quite specialized footprint you might want to use the more specialized one (especially if you go with a numbering scheme that fits to an existing transistor symbol.)

If you intent to commit it to the official library then please open this as an issue over at the github repo. (I am no longer prepared to answer such questions here on the forum as i feel it is unfair for all other maintainers if they do not get the chance to give input.)

Hi Rene,
thanks for the clarification. I thought i would like to commit this package or the the mosfets, because there is only 1 dual p-channel mosfet in the libraries as far as i know.
Therefore i opened an issue in the github repo.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.