A few more updates. Looking for gentle feedback
I have the library manager implemented like the image below:
"Material" is anything you might have a datasheet on: Resistors, Enclosures, Screws, Manufacturing Specifications, etc.
"KiCad Components" are referenced to:
- A specific material (110K Ohm Caddock Resistor)
- A Library you want to place them in (Resistor Library)
- A Footprint (0805_RES_SMD)
- A Schematic Symbol (RES_US)
"Libraries" hold your kiCad components.
- NOTE: To keep things modular and editable, there is Always a library called "Symbol Library" That has exactly 1x copy of every unique symbol. Editing these symbols will change all the components that use said symbol.
"Footprints" Are all grouped together in the same folder to keep management (and 3D models) straight forward.
Main Menu (Material-->Material Index)
- Displays all the material currently in your DB. Clicking on the link will bring you to its BOM.
- Displays all the structured items below, and everything the material is structured to, above.
- Creates new material.. Pretty self explanatory..
Schematic Symbol Index (Sch Symbols --> Symbol Index)
- Displays all your symbols.
New Component (KiCad Components --> New Component)
- Creates new KiCAD Components based off materials, Footprints, Symbols, and Libraries
If you're interested in alpha testing it, please let me know. I don't want to throw it on GitHub until its stable enough that it won't discourage adoption. I'll put together an install document, but familiarity with Python would be helpful for everybody.