Are all HC49xx Crystal Footprints the same?

Hello,
I am looking at a spec that calls for a HC49-SD crystal but all I can find at HC49-S or other HC49 packages. Just curious if anyone knows whether all HC49xx packages are substantially the same as far as a footprint and really only differ on height?

If there are subtle differences, does anyone know which packages are equivalent with a HC49-SD footprint (height doesn’t matter for my application)?

Thanks!!
JF

I hereby certify that I am not simply asking someone else to design a footprint for me.

This is an auto-generated message that is in place on the “footprints” section of the KiCad.info forum. If I remove it and ask for a footprint to be designed anyway, I understand that I will be subject to forum members telling me to go design my own footprint or referring me to a 3rd party footprint site.

Unfortunately the amount of standardization in electronic component packaging is abysmally low.
With a simple picture search:

You already get a bunch of variants. Some have a plastic underside (which can be important to prevent shorts caused by the metal package). There are also THT and SMT variants.

There are also some with an extra GND pin in the middle, and some of the old long versions have an extra pin for stability on the “other” side of the package to solder it horizontally on a PCB.

And those are probably just the most common variants.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.