Arduino mini BAS21/ SOT

HI
Every body
I am hobbyist not a professional nor student and I have no education or any study in electronic field .
but I am leaning from vdo tutorials etc…
I like to design a circuit with kicad . I chose Arduino mini ver3 due to its simple circuit and not complicated …

I am facing problem to design BAS21/SOT23 Schematic symbol and foot print library and I am using imac os X how to add both libraries Eeschema and brd footprints…
Please help where to download libraries and how to add in kicad libraries in tables…
thanks

What step do you have a problem with?
Did you try google or youtube with that yet?
Or searching the forum?

actually i am searching on google for schematic symbol for Aruduino mini

Hm… I guess you’ll have more luck to search for a template or whole project instead of a symbol.

Isn’t the brain of it a Microchip AVR processor (former Atmel)?
You might want to search for those if you want to re-create an arduino circuitry?!

Anyhow, did you follow this yet?

1 Like

Yes, most Arduinos (including the Arduino Pro Mini) use the ATmega328P.

A schematic symbol for the ATmega328P is available in the standard KiCad libraries. In KiCad 4.0.7, it’s in the atmel library, and in KiCad 5.x, it’s in the MCU_Microchip_ATmega library.

I also have an alternate schematic symbol for the ATmega328P in my avr-arduino library. The difference is that mine has the pins labeled with the Arduino pin numbers, in addition to the manufacturer’s pin names.

1 Like

Thanks for cool helpful video tutorial

Small addition to Chris Gammels “Getting to Blinky” video:
When designing new schematic symbols you really want to put all the pins on a 100mill grid.
Or else you can easily put yourself in a spot where you get annoying problems while drawing the schematic.

Or even better, draw the whole symbol to conform to the library guidelines:
https://kicad.org/libraries/klc/#_symbol_guidelines
But this is probably a bit (too) much if you are just learing to draw your first schematic symbol.
(But drawing the pins on a 100 mill grid is imporant enough to repeat it here).

1 Like

I really appreciate for this link
Thanks for your cooperation because This link is helpfull for me

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.