Arch|Manjaro and Kicad 7

yeah, I am pretty impressed with archinstall – made setting up new machine much easier, but still have the power and great experience of pure Arch. It will set up pretty much everything including your graphical environment (KDE, etc).

You are almost changing my mind to try it and use it once and for all. I am using ubuntu my whole life, but having a distro with rolling releases is a dream for me. :slight_smile:

Arch is a dream distro for developers. Install it and roll for years. I’ve had almost no problems on multiple machines that have been updating for 5+ years and hardly any issues where something broke due to a recent update. If anything, it is more stable and easier to use than anything else. Pacman is a package manager done right – it’s fast, lean, and just works. I think rolling is the future for software development/distribution – it is just too much effort to backport fixes and support old releases. A more sustainable approach is to test more and create systems that are more decoupled so each part of the system can march forward at its own pace and everything always moves forward.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.