Anybody know how to get Sim900A footprint package

Hi ,

i need SIM900A footprint package for my PCB design.if anyone know please share the SIM900A footprint package for the design.

Linking the datasheet would be a good idea. Taking care of correct formatting of your post would also help your cause.

Have a look at this tutorial to learn how to go from datasheet to footprint: Tutorial: How to make a footprint in KiCad 5.1.x (From scratch)?

1 Like

You have on RF_Modules, footprint for SIM900. The SIM900A is different?

For checking footprints there is another tutorial found in the FAQ: Tutorial: How to check footprint correctness?

The SIM900A does not have a “footprint”, just two connectors for power and serial. Also I believe it is only a 2G device so make sure you still have 2G coverage in the area you plan to use it.

2 Likes

Just had a quick peek @ Ali:
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=+SIM900A

SIM900A seems to have at least 3 different shapes.

For the rest, I’m with Rene from Post #2 here
Learn to draw your own footprints. It is very easy to do. If you have some practice with it, you can draw a (not too complicated) footprint in 5 minutes or so. Probably faster than trying to find footrpints on the Web.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.