Annular Rings of vias from board

hi,

I am currently working on kicad and i need to configure the annular rings of vias from the board but i didn’t find how i can access to this this configuration.

thank you for the help.

Kicad has no design rule for checking annular rings.

There is however a python script out there that can help.

I am not sure if that script is compatible with kicad 4.0.x

2 Likes

thank you for you help i’ll check it .

Sorry but I would like to know how I can execute this code, i mean how I implement this function in my main code, while knowing that I am generating my pcb board with python programming and when i execute my code I receive a kicad board file so how I implement this function to receivea kicad board file with the annular rings of vias configured.
thank you .

I think this is either an action plugin or meant to be run from the kicad python console. Maybe @maui can shed some light into this.

I hope to have clarification to this point. thank you so mush

Just have a look at the readme

For the action script have a look at here (only for v5 Dev release)

1 Like

But I think, from your query, you only need to configure your via size in pcbnew

in fact what I want to configure is ecaxtly the via OUTER end via INNER. that’s it !!!

Hm you might be right. Sorry for the confusion.

@gigi46 if that is the case simply either setup the via sizes in the net class or add custom via sizes. As you can not enter annular ring settings remember that the via size is calculated as drill + 2 * annular ring.

Also remember that there is a minimum size check within DRC. (But that check does not test if the annular ring is violated)

All of these settings can be reached via the design rules -> design rules dialog. Custom via sizes appear in the drop down menu on the top and you can select them via the right click menu while placing traces/vias (At least in opengl canvas.)

2 Likes

thank you @Rene_Poschl this is my answer :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.