Altium importer missing?

I am trying to import an Altium design, but do not see the importer present as described at

In the File->Import menu of the PcbNew window, there is no item for Non-KiCad Board File to choose. Has this changed places, or do I need to add something separately to get it? The link above made it sound like it is now a built-in feature of base KiCad package.

To access the Altium board importer you must be running PcbNew standalone (not via the KiCad project manager)

We currently support importing entire projects (schematic + board) from Eagle and CADSTAR, and those are accessible via the project manager File menu. But Altium schematics are not supported yet, so it’s only in the PcbNew import menu.

1 Like

OK, I would not have thought to run it that way to enable a menu item. I had been running from the KiCad project manager window, and was looking in PcbBew’s File menu per the article. Thank you for the help getting to it!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.