Altium FootPrint and Model import management

So the shadow if it is the only thing available, despite being the most in our faces, counts as black space?

I need to find where the color is stored and make it dull grey.

The color of the Locked Item Shadow is in the objects tab of the appearance manager.

Yes thank you. That much I had figured out before creating the post. I just turn things off one at a time until there is nothing left except the trouble maker.

But I thought to edit the value, the color I needed to access a semi buried option in the Preferences or board setup. However for the sake of argument I did just try messing with the tabs and found I can double click the editor to life. I think this is new? But it got the job done.

Now to fix the rest of the imported colors. My book silk should always be, sky blue, Grey or white. Not lavender, or teal.

The write up for Altium is underway. Lots of good details added. Not sure if I will post to Git or Google Docs.

If you right click on a Locked Item shadow and Locked Items are not selectable you will have nothing to select . . . so the right click will behave the same as if you clicked on nothing (black background)

If you have Locked items selected when you long left click you will get a list of the locked item and any other items at the same position, if you just have the locked item it will be selected.

This was a very helpful explanation. I am about to embark on a similar journey importing a design I previously did in Altium. Thank you!