All tracks show clearance violation in DRC

I put a copper fill over the surface of my board connected to ground and then routed traces through it. Filling the zones then gives me a GND pour in areas of the board I’m not suing.

However, when I run a DRC, all traces within the fill show as clearance violations (see attached). Shouldn’t they only be clearance violations if the actual fills are close, not just the zone outline?

I am running the dev branch, and am pretty new to KiCAD (have changed almost nothing from defaults).

Please always attach the exact version information. The development “master” branch is going forward rapidly, sometimes bugs appear and are fixed within a day.

The easiest way to get a definitive answer to this kind of question may be to give the design file (or zipped project) here. Someone might take a look. Sometimes it may be difficult to tell what’s going on by a screenshot, although often it’s enough.

1 Like

Here is the version information:

Application: Pcbnew
Version: (5.99.0-2215-gb084305b1), release build
Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.0.4
libcurl/7.66.0 OpenSSL/1.1.1d (Schannel) zlib/1.2.11 brotli/1.0.7 libidn2/2.2.0 libpsl/0.21.0 (+libidn2/2.1.1) nghttp2/1.39.2
Platform: Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW
Build Info:
Build date: Jul 7 2020 09:09:38
wxWidgets: 3.0.4 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
Boost: 1.71.0
OCE: 6.9.1
Curl: 7.66.0
Compiler: GCC 9.2.0 with C++ ABI 1013

Build settings:
KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_PYTHON3=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON_PHOENIX=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=ON
BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
KICAD_USE_OCE=ON
KICAD_SPICE=ON

I’ve pushed the files to GitHub: https://github.com/mgiacomelli/sipm/tree/master/Improved%20Design/KiCAD

Your version is awfully outdated. You shouldn’t use the development version unless you are willing to keep it up to date and accept all problems which come with it. For example, just recently opening a design started with yesterday’s version couldn’t be opened with today’s version until the fix came in. The file formats are still in flux.

On the other hand there’s nothing wrong in using the dev branch. The file formats will be established pretty soon, I think within a month, and no major features are added anymore. Then your design can be used by others in the future. Right now you should update your KiCad and let it convert the design if there’s something to convert, and see if the problem is still there. The DRC system has changed considerably and is under work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.