All pcb footprints missing from all libraries

I downloaded the latest version of KiCad today, version 5.0.0-3-g5ebb6b6, created a schematic, and when I went to assign footprints to it I found there to be no footprints in any of the libraries. As far as I can tell the foot print .pretty folders are all there and when I look at them in Finder there are many footprint file but both CvPCB and the footprint editor library brower so no footprints no matter what library I select. I can attach screen shots as soon I as figure out how to do that.

Give also your operating system and the way you installed.

Is that a Windows Nightly build?

There are a few things that could be going on. My guess is that you either have a dogdy library setup or you have set the filter options in cvpcb in such a way that it does not work.

If you had version 4 installed in the past then i would assume your footprint library is still setup with version 4 libs but the symbol lib is from version 5. Check this first!! Read this FAQ entry for a more detailed explanation: I had KiCad 4 installed previosly. Now i updated to v5. Now i have some problems with the library setup

If my guess about the library setup is not what is at play here then you might want to take a look at this FAQ post. It might just be that there is a misunderstanding of how cvpcb works: How can i assign a footprint to a symbol?

I played around with it more last night and I was able to get them to show up. For reference I’m on Mac OS 10.12.6

What I had to do was remove all the global libraries from footprint library table and then manually add them all back in. Then all the footprints showed up.

Thanks for the replys

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.