Adjusting Zone Outlines - SOLVED

I am using the 10/13 nightly (kicad-r14329.e291576c3-x86_64) on Windows 10 and have run into an issue editing zone outlines. The issue was happening on a previous nightly from about three months ago (I forgot to backup and record the version!), so I updated to the latest nightly and now I think I am just missing something simple.

After drawing a zone (on B.cu in this case), I select the zone to resize it. However, I cannot seem to drag zones by their square corner markers via left-click and hold like in past versions. I can drag the mid-point circle markers, just not the corners. I can also drag the square end points of graphic lines, just not zones.

I suspect something either changed in the workflow, or I have something mis-configured that I am missing. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Aaron

1 Like

I would guess that you have the H/V/45 constrain checkbox enabled in zone properties.

I believe that more than one thing has changed.

As of yesterday, I was forced to change some line elements to a different layer such that I could have the desired results; then change them back to the original layer.

Looks to me like a KiCad bug that will be fixed once the details are sorted out.

@Seth_h …and that was it. I knew I must be missing something simple. I didn’t think about that setting affecting the zone resizing. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.