Additional Field in Placement File

Hello everyone,

I have finished my first KICAD project (Schematic, Board, Symbol editor, Footprint editor). In the symbol editor, I have created an additional field under “Symbol Properties” in which the article numbers of our components are entered. I need this article number for the Pick&Place lists. Maybe it’s simple, but at the moment I can’t find a way to output this field under “Fabrication Outputs → Component Placements”. I am wondering if there are already solutions for this and if not, how can I find a solution?
Can anyone help me further? Thank you very much.

It is not currently possible from within KiCad.

There is a feature request you can vote for here: Allow configuration of columns/fields in component placement (position) file (#15255) · Issues · KiCad / KiCad Source Code / kicad · GitLab

In the meantime, one way to do this would be to export both the position file and a BOM (which can be customized) then use an external script to pull data from the BOM in to the placement file.

Hi craftyjon,

thank you for the fast reply. It’s not nice - but it can’t be changed. Maybe in the next version. I’ll try it the way you suggested.

Thanks again.