Added a Sheet from Another Schematic

I added a hierarchical sheet to my schematic which was a file copied from another schematic.

Some, but not all, of the symbols have anomalous reference designators, for example:

“R?-NOTFOUND-NOTFOUND-NOTFOUND-NOTFOUND-NOTFOUND-NOTFOUND-NOTFOUN?”

I can edit this reference to R?; but, when I duplicate this symbol, the new symbol has the same “NOTFOUND” reference.

Three questions:

1. What caused this?
  2. Can I correct this?
  3. Is this going to cause any problems later on with annotation, layout, BOM creation, etc?

What is your kicad version?

Application: kicad
Version: (5.0.0), release build
Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.0.3
libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.11 libssh2/1.8.0 nghttp2/1.23.1 librtmp/2.3
Platform: Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW
Build Info:
wxWidgets: 3.0.3 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
Boost: 1.60.0
OpenCASCADE Community Edition: 6.8.0
Curl: 7.54.1
Compiler: GCC 7.1.0 with C++ ABI 1011

Build settings:
USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=OFF
BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
KICAD_USE_OCE=ON
KICAD_USE_OCC=OFF
KICAD_SPICE=ON

FYI, after doing various things: saving, closing schema, annotating, etc. Duplicating the the symbol no longer gives the “NOTFOUND” reference.

5.0.0 is already quite outdated (And has a lot of bugs that are fixed in newer versions). The 5.0 series no longer receives updates (And even so you should at least be on 5.0.2!)

I suggest updating to 5.1.4 (warning user interface changes quite a bit but the underlying data structure is fully compatible)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.