Add multiple symbol libraries on nightlies?

I just updated to latest nightlies and deleted all symbol libraries to use the github repo https://github.com/KiCad/kicad-symbols. However, I can’t seem to find a way to add all libraries in a batch in any ui. Doing them one by one seems very tedious:

Wasn’t there some kind of wizard before? Is there any settings file I could edit manually instead?

The wizard has gone, however if you do “Browse Libraries…” you can select multiple files and add them (click “Open”).

If you like you can edit the sym-lib-table directly, but I would not recommend doing that.

2 Likes

There’s a sym-lib-table, apparently autogenerated, in the github repository. Just replace the one which is in the location seen in your screenshot.

Ah, ok, I didn’t think I could add multiple, I think I got confused because the native file selector in OSX didn’t allow cmd-a to select all which is normally allowed I think. Had to click them one by one, but way better than the alternative at least :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.