Add connected graphics cannot be filled

I think “Place - Add lines” should be different as ‘add connected graphic lines’ (currently this is the description).
I expect the connected lines forms background-fillable shape (e.g: arrow head). But the actual thing is just many lines.
While add line just add line, plus line ending option (I see somewhere post this as wishlist).

Thanks.

Application: KiCad Schematic Editor x64 on x64

Version: 7.99.0-808-g140f76b870, release build

Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.2.2
FreeType 2.12.1
HarfBuzz 6.0.0
FontConfig 2.14.1
libcurl/7.88.1-DEV Schannel zlib/1.2.13

Platform: Windows 11 (build 22621), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW

Build Info:
Date: Apr 16 2023 07:17:46
wxWidgets: 3.2.2 (wchar_t,wx containers)
Boost: 1.81.0
OCC: 7.6.3
Curl: 7.88.1-DEV
ngspice: 40
Compiler: Visual C++ 1934 without C++ ABI

Build settings:

In Schematic:

Place > Add lines performs the same function and uses the same symbol (a dotted, enclosed polygon)
as the RH button “Add connected Graphic Lines”

This is confusing. Both actions only perform the drawing of graphic lines, which is as expected.

In Symbol Editor;

Place > Add lines performs the same function and uses the same symbol (a diagonal line)
as the RH button “Add connected Graphic Lines”.

More confusion, however when the lines form a polygon, the shape is able to be filled.

The functions are correct, but the symbols and descriptions need editing to avoid confusion.

Schematic should have diagonal line symbols with “Add Lines”.
Symbol Editor should have “Add connected Graphic Lines” with the polygon shape.

7.0.2 is the same as 7.99 in this instance. Probably worth a bug report.

I try to make arrowhead, with grid active, but no background option. Only line type, thickness, and color option.

Did you use the symbol editor?

For a filled shape you need to open the symbol editor and treat the, in your case, arrow head, as a new component in a personal library… a bit messy, but you will have it forever for any future schematic also.
ksnip_20230505-170748

Created a Gitlab issue: 14695

Nope, i use schematic editor. What i mean is like “Add rectangle” Or “Add circle” which has background. But I want to create other polygon instead of rectangle.

I know about symbol editor, and this is currently i used for adding arrowhead.

I know there is no function for filling a created polygon such as in the Symbol Editor. That would be a separate “wishlist” item.
The issue I created was just to sort out the descriptions of what is there already.

Currently workaround I use is like this:

1. Use place line for marking polygon border.
  2. Fill using rectangle, filled, but border is disabled. Adjust filling transparency.
  3. Copy, paste, and adjust width+height until the block highlight looks good enough for documentation.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.