"Add bitmap image": remember last folder (Schematic Editor)

Hi,

When I add a bitmap image to my schematics, the “Choose Image” file dialog always point to my personal folder.
Even if I add many pictures, it’s always going back to the personal folder.
However, the pictures I want to insert are often located in the project folder, (or at least, grouped in a sub directory, not that far from the project folder).

So, I would like to know if this is intentional, or if there’s a way to tell KiCad to remember the previous opened folder, or to tell KiCad where to start from, instead on the personal folder.

Thank you for your help!
David

No thought?

Should I create a feature request?

:slight_smile:

developers appear to be lurking on the forum, fixed in this commit less than an hour ago: Add MRU to image placement tools (23351b20) · Commits · KiCad / KiCad Source Code / kicad · GitLab

:slight_smile:

(but yes, generally making a feature request on gitlab is a more likely to be successful)

2 Likes

I have absolutely no idea what an MRU is, but if it resolves my problem, then many thanks to the developers!!! :relaxed:

I don’t have an idea, either, maybe it’s “Memorizing Remembrance Unit”? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I have one clue: MRE stands for “Meal Ready to Eat.”

MRU = Most Recently Used.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.