Accidentally deleted global libraries and cannot get them back

Hello! I’ve been using KiCad for quite a bit and just yesterday switched operating system from Windows to Arch.
I installed KiCad using the terminal and the commands over on Install on Arch Linux | KiCad EDA .
I then tried to import some libraries i needed, but i think that during the operation i accidentally did something i shouldn’t have and i now have no global libraries in the PCB editor.
I tried to uninstall and reinstall the whole program and libraries, but it didn’t change anything.
I also tried importing some libraries from the Plugin and Content Manager, and that did work but i still didn’t have any global libraries.
Is there anything i can do to restore the global libraries or fully erase KiCad data so the next time i install it, it thinks it’s the first time on this pc?

Delete the file ~/.config/kicad/8.0/fp-lib-table

More info in the manual under “KiCad files and folders” KiCad | 8.0 | English | Documentation | KiCad

If you delete (or rename) KiCad’s configuration directory, then KiCad assumes it runs for the first time and creates all fresh default settings. You can make use of this to switch settings or merge in settings from older versions, but be aware of the syntax, so KiCad can still read it’s own files.

Oh, thanks, where can i find the directory though?
I’m pretty new to Linux so i don’t really know my way around, sorry!

Nevermind, i did it.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.