A Short Course On Assigning Reference Designations

Reference Designation of Electronic Parts

For the latest on reference designation of electronic parts see my blog posts at <www.txplore.com/blog>. Dr. Peter Dalmaris has kindly posted my seven articles on his Tech Explorations website out of Sydney, Australia. There is a main article and six appendices listed as follows:
(7) “Reference Designations For Electrical And Electronics Parts And Equipment”
Lawrence Joy
18 September, 2018

(1) “Appendix A. List of Pertinent Applicable Standards”
Lawrence Joy
20 September, 2018

(6) “Appendix B. Class Designation Letters”
Lawrence Joy
20 September, 2018

(5) “Appendix C: List of Nonconforming Class Letters”
Lawrence Joy
20 September, 2018

(4) “Appendix D. System Subdivision”
Lawrence Joy
20 September, 2018

(3) “Appendix E: KiCad Anomalous Handling of Suffix Letters”
Lawrence Joy
20 September, 2018

(2) “Appendix F: Scenario Questions and Answers”
Lawrence Joy
20 September, 2018

You should look at the main article , Nr 7, first and then the appendices. The reason the numbering is out of sequence is because the newer dated material is first, followed by the older dated material, and in order of posting. As you go down through the blog postings you will run across Appendix A first followed by Appendices F, E, D, C, and B. The main article “Reference Designations…” is last. For any questions you can e-mail me at lawrence_joy@yahoo.com.

Spammers harvest emails from web pages like this. You are better off asking people to PM you instead of putting your email out there like this. @9V1MI

2 Likes

For others, Each article has a TOC at the top with direct links to the individual articles of this series. So, unless you are curious and want to look at the other items on Dr. Dalmaris’s blog (and, really you should be, I’ve skimmed through and seen some interesting articles by Dr. Dalmaris and other guest authors on topics including KiCad, Arduino programming, STEM, and other tech topics), the direct link to the first of Larry’s articles is here:
https://www.txplore.com/blog/2042179/reference_designations

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.