A huge THANK YOU to all KiCad developers and contributors

I’ve been working with 5.99/6 for a couple of weeks now and oh man i like it.

The new features, the UI improvements / unified interaction paradigms, file format, smoothing of countless rough edges… with V6 you made KiCad much nicer to use. Thanks!

What Iike most: flawless V5 project migration, all of eeschema UI, new DRC, grouping, library pinning, SVG import, “Save as…” (love that one!), edge-cuts in footprints, curved tracks.

What I hope to see in a future version: editable curved tracks (editable like graphic line segments), repeating subcircuits in eeschema (groups/rooms), multi-unit footprints (similar to multi-unit symbols).

Hope to see you again at FOSDEM 202?!!

7 Likes

What I like most about v6 is probably rectangle graphical item in pcbnew :D. And all appearance management (tranparencies) + selection filter features :slight_smile:

What I will like most in v7 will be probably colorful-filled rectangle (already enjoying this for one time schematic-only documentation projects), aka “Textbox” in eeschema, colorful, custom fonts, and property inspector :slight_smile:

Ahh, and teardrops, without external python plugin (already here). And gerber viewer revamp… too many thing already :smiley:

Here is another THANK YOU to all the developers and contributors!
I was using v5 and I hate change, but it was well worth the switch to v6. Everything seems better.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.