- I just got to the part in the Chris tutorial where he starts to go into the gerber file renaming for Oshpark.
Before I started that, I went over to Oshpark and had a read. It seems that they will take Kicad files directly without the tedious file renaming. is that the case ?
- Re the design rules. do I need to remember them for each PCB manufacturer, and enter them accordingly ?
- When drawing edges, and I guess the traces as well, I click to start, then, if I have to make a turn or am at a corner, click once again ? It seemed that if I just changed direction, the line would go diagonally.
- When drawing edges, if I overshoot the end or stop too short, do I need to redraw the complete box ?
- Lots of times when I am drawing a connection, the O from a resistor, capacitor, etc., where the connection is to terminate or begin turns into a small square rather than disappear. I have been deleting the connection and redrawing it until I got it right. Is that proper or could I have left it as
is ? What can I do to prevent this ?
- I don’t recall exactly what I was doing but it had to do with drawing a box around the complete board and filling it all in. Sometimes when drawing the box, and this box is on top of the edge box, the lines do not exactly correspond to the edge. They might be a small bit inside or not quite parallel to the edge. I have been erasing them and redrawing but is that necessary ?