A Circuit library - wishful thinking

was thinking today it would be very handy to have circuit libraries as opposed to symbol libraries ( or convert circuit snippets into symbols) , I find these days I’m mainly reusing "stock " ( to me ) circuits and then adding new bits . I keep a few schematics called "Useful circuits " that I cut and paste from , but its not very structured

be kinda nice feature… Kicad V20 maybe !!

It’s a quite logical thing to want to have, and has been requested before, and some other EDA suites also have a similar feature. Often it can also be combined with a PCB layout of that section, so you can for example just pull a power supply sub schematic into your project, and the PCB layout for that power supply section is then also ready to be put on the PCB as a block.

There are plans to implement this in KiCad, but I don’t know in what version. Maybe in KiCad V7, maybe later.

1 Like

It’s here: Support Design Blocks (reuse library) for schematics (lp:#1797683) (#2263) · Issues · KiCad / KiCad Source Code / kicad · GitLab, and you can add a thumb up to vote for it. (Paul’s vote is there already :slight_smile: )

1 Like

thumbs up added , hopefully someday…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.