A Bug (Probably) About Edge Cuts Designs

Hi everyone,

I have a question about edge cuts in PCB Layout Editor. When I try draw any slot or hole in current PCB, it does not cause any problem and completes successfully. But if there are 2 PCB in worksheet and both of them have a slot or hole, the 3D viewer cannot display spots or like someting on the second PCB.

Interestingly, if you make position the second PCB to right side of the first PCB, 3D viewer works without problem. (By the way there is no any problem only right side of first PCB. Other sides not working.)

Is this a rule for only KiCAD or a bug? And Is there any solution about subject?
[KiCAD Version: (5.1.6) - 1 Release Build]

Thanks. ^^

More of a limitation than a bug: KiCad does not currently support designing two boards in one project.

I see but why does it work only right side ?

The algorithm for determining the board outline is trying to pick one shape to be the outline, and all other shapes to be cutouts. It is not really “working” on the right side, it is just a side-effect of how the algorithm works.

1 Like

Okey I get it. Thanks for your reply! And I hope we can design more one on same sheet as soon as possible.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.