7 segment display

Hello, I am new here just looking for a 4 digits and 3 digits 7segment displays, size of 0.36in.
Any one will fit they are all same sizes and pin out connections are the same. it is for a Arduino project but I could not fins any.
Anyone here to wast some time to give me a way to find it? it is funny in the database only 1 digit and 4 digit 0.56 no one 0.36.
Your help is more than appreciated, thanks.

If it’s for one of those cheap displays from Ali / Ebay / China…

There is no standardization in the pinouts of LED displays, so if you have a datasheet that fits with your particular display you’re lucky. Else you have to take a DMM with a diode function that can light up the LED’s, or a voltage source with series resistor, and then measure the pinout.

Next step is to make a footprint for it yourself.
The first footprint you make may take you an hour or so, but if you’ve done it a few times then it’s just a few minutes. Often much faster than trying to search the 'web for a footprint, and then you still have to verify it.

Learn to use the Footprint Editor. It will pay you back every cent you put into it in the long run.

1 Like

If it’s in a DIL package plugging the appropriate values into the footprint wizard may be able to generate it. Calipers are worth having.

1 Like

Hi Paul, the product is from Amazon but I can not get the footprint from them. In all database from Kicad there is not 4 digits and 3 digits? It means nobody uses this kind of 7 digits displays?

At least give a direct link to the product.

It’s also possible that there exist corresponding high quality parts from well known manufacturers. They may have better datasheets or even footprints in some cad model download service. But as was said, it’s easier and better to learn to make your own with KiCad.

1 Like

Read my previous post again.
Make your own footprint.

For the pin spacing: Put the display in a piece of matrix board or in a breadboard and count the holes.

For measuring the displays:
Just put your DMM in diode mode or a 5Vsource with a 1k series resistor over two random pins, and start moving your wires around until one of the segments lights up.

At that moment, One of your probe is either on one of the “Common Anodes” or one of the “Common Cathodes”, and the other probe is on one of the segments: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, dp. When moving one of the probes further it will become clear which is which.
Then make a note on a piece of paper and start in filling in the gaps untill you’ve found all connections.

I consider an exercise like this a good way to learn to use your tools.
Your brain is one of your tools, presumably the most important.

2 Likes

Hi eelik, I was looking for something similar at least having the connections and the correct size is half way… it is a 0.36in size :slight_smile:
Sorry I am new user so I can not upload the datasheets here is the link to a Dropbox folder if you don’t mind.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3heo7nihcj6ckft/BL-Q36G-41.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gl0dytykpbxzham/BL-T36A-31.pdf?dl=0

They look pretty standard, basically two pin headers 10.16mm apart, and the other one even has only one row, so you can just a normal pin header footprint for that one if you take care of the physical space taken by the component. Anyway, a perfect case for making your first footprint yourself.

1 Like

Thanks for your help

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.