6.0.10 issues with libraries

After update from 6.0.9 to 6.0.10 here the result on a schematic I had.
The capacitor and FETs are there, but warnings are continuously returned.

It’s a frustrating situation.

I seem to remember that CP had to be replaced by C_Polarized in the Device library when I upgraded a schematic from v5 to v6. Certainly CP is not in the standard Device libraries any more. Maybe you failed to make the migration previously.

There can be no progress without change, but I do agree that changing the names of such basic parts is annoying. There are a number of ways to “fix” this.

1. You could just disable the ERC warning. The symbol is cached in the schematic and the schematic still works.
  2. You can export the the symbol to either a project specific or global library and make it reference that library (With Schematic Editor / tools / Edit Symbol Library Links).
  3. You can update all your current CP instances to use the now new C_Polarized (Also with Schematic Editor / tools / Edit Symbol Library Links).
1 Like

The FET is not a symbol from the Kicad 6 Device library.
Maybe these symbols are from a personal 5 library?
From memory (poor these days :slightly_frowning_face:), personal 5 libraries had to be added to 6.

the capacitors … these JFETs are on my own library. tha BTW: is not changed from 6.09 to 6.0.10 …; just I get this kind of message …and now it’s on ALL the projects.

With your suggestion I solved it. thank you really so much

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.