5.99 possible problem with GUI text rendering in board setup dialog?

PCB Editor/ File/ Board Setup/ Board Stackup/ Physical Stackup.

The bold column titles are usually half missing. Clicking something else, say “Board Finish” then returning to “Physical Stackup” usually fixes the problem.

I’ve only just installed and started exploring 5.99. No idea if it is me or the program.
Any comments welcome.

Application: KiCad PCB Editor

Version: 5.99.0-unknown-f88d39b4f0~125~ubuntu20.04.1, release build

Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.0.4
libcurl/7.68.0 OpenSSL/1.1.1f zlib/1.2.11 brotli/1.0.7 libidn2/2.2.0 libpsl/0.21.0 (+libidn2/2.2.0) libssh/0.9.3/openssl/zlib nghttp2/1.40.0 librtmp/2.3

Platform: Linux 5.4.0-66-generic x86_64, 64 bit, Little endian, wxGTK, cinnamon, x11

Build Info:
Date: Apr 2 2021 08:04:12
wxWidgets: 3.0.4 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8) GTK+ 3.24
Boost: 1.71.0
OCC: 7.3.0
Curl: 7.68.0
ngspice: 31
Compiler: GCC 9.3.0 with C++ ABI 1013

Build settings:
KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_PYTHON3=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON_PHOENIX=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=ON
KICAD_USE_OCC=ON
KICAD_SPICE=ON

Same here.
Looks like something that should be reported on gitlab (if it is not reported already)

It looks like:

Application: KiCad PCB Editor

Version: 5.99.0-unknown-a8896ebd73~125~ubuntu20.04.1, release build

Libraries:
	wxWidgets 3.0.4
	libcurl/7.68.0 OpenSSL/1.1.1f zlib/1.2.11 brotli/1.0.7 libidn2/2.2.0 libpsl/0.21.0 (+libidn2/2.2.0) libssh/0.9.3/openssl/zlib nghttp2/1.40.0 librtmp/2.3

Platform: Linux 5.4.0-70-generic x86_64, 64 bit, Little endian, wxGTK, mate, x11

Build Info:
	Date: Apr  3 2021 08:04:16
	wxWidgets: 3.0.4 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8) GTK+ 3.24
	Boost: 1.71.0
	OCC: 7.3.0
	Curl: 7.68.0
	ngspice: 31
	Compiler: GCC 9.3.0 with C++ ABI 1013

Build settings:
	KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
	KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
	KICAD_SCRIPTING_PYTHON3=ON
	KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
	KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON_PHOENIX=ON
	KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=ON
	KICAD_USE_OCC=ON
	KICAD_SPICE=ON

Thankyou @paulvdh

That is the problem I noticed.

It is very late in my time. I will look into Gitlab tomorrow.

Might have something to do with this

It is actually this open issue: https://gitlab.com/kicad/code/kicad/-/issues/1915

1 Like

Ah indeed. I gave it a thumbs up.
This issue was closed as being a duplicate of #1915, and it has a screenshot from the same dialog as I posted here. https://gitlab.com/kicad/code/kicad/-/issues/4229