5.99 nightly | power nets

Hello all,

Are nets no longer automatically created between common power symbols in 5.99? I missed the memo on how this is now handled.

Thanks

Application: KiCad (64-bit)

Version: (5.99.0-11674-g69322a18e7), release build

Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.1.5
libcurl/7.74.0-DEV Schannel zlib/1.2.11

Platform: Windows 10 (build 19042), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW

Build Info:
Date: Aug 9 2021 20:59:55
wxWidgets: 3.1.5 (wchar_t,STL containers)
Boost: 1.75.0
OCC: 7.5.0
Curl: 7.74.0-DEV
ngspice: 34
Compiler: Visual C++ 1928 without C++ ABI

Build settings:
KICAD_USE_OCC=ON
KICAD_SPICE=ON

Either nobody wants to touch this or my question was not asked correctly but upon further digging, I did find this.

Using my previously noted 5.99 version, is it now necessary to apply a net label to all nets I wish to make common? Or alternatively run additional wires to all connections…? Either way seems to add clutter to a schematic. For example, each “GND” symbol would also require a “GND” net label or a wire running off to the next nearest GND connection. Is this indeed the recommended way moving forward?

Thoughts…?

You are going to have to give some more details and screenshots about what you are trying to do and what kind of unexpected behavior you are getting. 5.1 and 5.99 have not changed behavior in this area for the most part. The issue you linked to discusses the behavior of hidden power pins, which may be changed in V7 but did not change from 5.x to 5.99

Thanks Jon, My issue may be with my power symbol library. Looking into that before documenting a problem that can be easier resolved. If I discover something that may be useful to the community I’ll circle back. Thanks again for your reply.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.