5.1.10 Released

Quick announcement that KiCad 5.1.10 has been released. This includes multiple bug fixes since 5.1.9.

Please find your release at https://www.kicad.org/download/

8 Likes

Does it run on W7?
Thank you.

5.1.10 should run under Windows 7 although this is not tested or supported by the project

1 Like

Thank you. I guess what you said also applies on the previous version, 5.1.9 .

Although I believe it is not very important, I wonder which was the last version that was tested on Windows 7

The last tested version was prior to Windows 7 EOL on Jan, 2020. After the parent company ceases to support the product, we cease free support for it also.

2 Likes

I don’t know but it is Python that ceased being available for Win 7. It actually works fine on Win 7 but the installer refuses to install it. But there is a guy who rewrote the installer for Python so that any version can run on Win 7. Here are the details:

[Aohan Dang]

I built some unofficial installers for Python 3.9 and 3.10 that work on Windows 7. The approach I took was to modify the installer to proceed on Windows 7 and to provide the file api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll from nalexandru/api-ms-win-core-path-HACK .

Check it out at GitHub - adang1345/PythonWin7: Python 3.9 and 3.10 installers that support Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 if you’re interested.

I guess if the latest Python works perfectly on Win 7 then KiCAD would too, if there was no snag with the latest Python install.

KiCad V5 is old and not recommended to be used anymore.
Also, because KiCad is making a stormy progress, old threads often quickly loose their relevance and and it’s policy to close old threads getting dragged up. (Newer threads close automatically after 3 months).

That said. there is a thread on the EEvblog on getting KiCad V7 to run on the (also old) Windoze 7.

If you have further questions, then start a new thread.

1 Like