4082 Schematic Library Pin Error

Using Kicad version 5.1.5 and pulled the schematic library symbol for a 4082 “4000 series” logic device. The Kicad library 4082 “A” symbol has pins 2, 3, 4, 12 as inputs and pin 1 as an output. Pin#12 should be corrected to be pin #5. Confirmed with datasheet that the correct input pins to this 4-input AND gate should be pins 2, 3, 4 and 5.

I’m new to Kicad, so I’m not sure if there is a better place to list library errors.

Best would be to pull the latest symbol library from git.

This issue was fixed a while back so not sure why your library is not updated:

Thank you. Will download latest symbol library from Github. I expected that downloading the latest Kicad version 5.1.5 would updated my symbol library, but it may not.

It should. But how to do the update is different for all possible platforms. For Mac you need to do the copy stuff all over again, For most linux distros you need to not only update the software package but also the library package and for windows you need to ensure you check the library for installation.

And all of the above assumes you have the lib installed correctly in the first place (if your lib table does not point to the symbols that are updated with the installation process then you will not get new libs by it)

I’ve just checked the source for 5.1.5 and its included. Did you upgraded from a old version? Maybe the library installed to another location?

Have a search through your drive and see if there are multiple copies of 4xxx_IEEE.lib

What OS are you using? 5.1.5 is assembled with it libraries differently on the various platforms

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.