3D Viewer crashes KiCad - Linux Mint 20.04

Hi!

I’m having this issue. When I start 3D Viewer it makes KiCad crashes. Everything, the project manager, pcbnew or eeschema.

I’m running Linux Mint 20.04 with KCFE desktop.

3D viewer was working just fine. I installed openSCAD through the terminal and downloaded a FreeCAD image in order to create some 3D models for KiCad.

After I created an extremly simple 3D model, just a rely, I loaded it to the component footprint, then tried to view the pcb in 3D and it crashed.

The curious thing is that it happens with some projects. I tried with a new project, loaded just one component and it was ok. Tried another finished project and it crashed.

I also tried deleting all the components in the first project and it did run ok.

Any suggiestions? Thanks in advance!

It sounds like a potential mismatch of opencascade librari s.

If you used freecad from the freecad repo rather than mint/Ubuntu repo, you just then use kicad’s custom repo rather than mint/Ubuntu as well

Thanks @marekr . I removed and re-installed openSCAD but it didn’t fix the problem. I think the problem might be that I’m using opengl 1.4. I haven’t been able to upgrade to 2.0 (at least recomended by openscad) and it seems that the video chipset that is pretty old (intel G31) doesn’t support it. I think I’ll just use another computer to view/create 3d models…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.