3D Step File Different from 3D Viewer

I have setup my PCB within Kicad and given all of the components 3d models and everything looks great in the 3d viewer on Kicad. But when I export a step file and view in solidworks the model looks totally different basically has random components scattered everywhere but I do see the desired components are in the correct position… When I originally setup the Kicad project I had another board project file and pcb file located in the same folder, and it seems to be carrying this over somehow. The other board is called “connector board” and I can see that the unwanted and random components are referencing this board .

3d viewer from Kicad

Solidworks STEP model. There are no error messages given in the exportation process.
Screenshot hovering over a random component that should not be there shows it is referencing another board file I made. This is the view of the back of the board in contrast to the first image posted which is the front of the board.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.