3D render issues during assignment/positioning

When you edit a component in PcbNew and select the 3D section. You click on the Add 3D shape to display a list of available 3D models in the library.
Selecting a model in the left list, does not show anything in the preview window on the right. To make it happen, you have to do a rename, and press enter.
When moving, rotating or re-scaling a shape (after having assigned it with the Add 3D shape button), the preview gets blank and reflects changes when pressing every other key or forcing a zoom with the mouse…
These problems seemed to be introduced in version 5.01 on OSX (I don’t remember having had this with 5.00 and definitely not with version 4).
Regards,

1 Like

Would you mind reporting these issues over at the bug tracker: https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad

This will help us to address them appropriately. When you do, please include the KiCad system information from Preferences->About KiCad->Copy Version Information

2 Likes

Could you open a ticket in launchpad as @Seth_h suggests?
Could you test it with v5.00 ?
Also, I’ve heard (on other areas) some issues related with OpenGL/Vulkan and the latest OSX updates.

1 Like

I already did place a bug on launchpad.

I reverted to version 5.00 and everything is just working fine. Preview in assignment and preview in positioning as well.

Application: kicad
Version: (5.0.0-3-g5ebb6b6), release build
Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.0.4
libcurl/7.54.0 LibreSSL/2.6.4 zlib/1.2.11 nghttp2/1.24.1
Platform: Mac OS X (Darwin 18.0.0 x86_64), 64 bit, Little endian, wxMac
Build Info:
wxWidgets: 3.0.4 (UTF-8,STL containers,compatible with 2.8)
Boost: 1.67.0
OpenCASCADE Community Edition: 6.9.1
Curl: 7.51.0
Compiler: Clang 8.0.0 with C++ ABI 1002

Build settings:
USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=ON
USE_WX_OVERLAY=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=OFF
BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
KICAD_USE_OCE=ON
KICAD_USE_OCC=OFF
KICAD_SPICE=ON

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.