Dear all …
a short request for a “tutorial”: I still have a large set of 3D models (in FreeCAD) to convert to STEP for KiCAD (basically all the newer THT-Cap, THT-Res, THT-Inductor, THT-LED and THT-Diode-models currently available in newer KICAD-lib versions). So I would like to have some directions on converting them:
- Which version of FreeCAD should be used 0.15+StepUP should create correct STEPs+WRLs, correct? Or is there by now a 0.16 or even 0.17-version that works for Windows? If so, could you driect me to the installer.
- Which method should be used to fuse the single elements of the model together? Part|Boolean|Union?
- What happens to the materials that have been assigned before the fusing-optation?
- Are the electronics materials, defined in StepUP available for assignment in FreeCAD, or do I have to make the assignment when exporting?
- Is there a batch mode for StepUP that e.g. exports all opened 3D models to STEP&WRL? Or is there a simple option to call the function behind the EXPORT-button from a Python-script (preferably for me!).
Best & Thanks already,