3D default library seems to miss things after update

I was looking at a board design of which I was sure I had 3D models for all parts. But I noticed on an other PC that that cheap little smd switch you can find in JLCPCBs basic inventory list is… missing.

I checked the footprint for the path. Than I tried to find it in the default library

It isn’t there. It was there before! I am sure it was in the default 3d model lib. I updated to Kicad 7.0.5. Does it happen that some 3d models get deprecated or something?

I noticed earlier with more footprints that paths to models exist, but the model isn’t always there. Take this DC jack.

That top path is default. It indicates that there has been a 3d model for it once. But no more.
(That bottom path is currently screwed up, it points to my own personal library.)

Regards,

Bas

If that link was not there then if someone will use the footprint at his PCB and then with future library version a model will be added he will not see it at his PCB as footprint at his PCB has no that link.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.