3.5mm TRS Connector footprint

Hi, I am unable to find the schematic and footprint for the 5 pin 3.5mm TRS Female connector as shown in the figure. Please help.

P.S : Newbie to KiCad

Thanks in advance

Hi,

While I recommend you give this a crack yourself - it is something you’ll need to do - that looks like the TRS socket that I’ve bought from Tayda in the past (To confirm, check this link to product page).

For my footprint: Tayda_3.5mm_stereo_TRS_jack_A-853.kicad_mod (2.2 KB)

And, here’s the definition of the schematic symbol (copy and paste into your own .lib file to use): JACK_TRS.lib (862 Bytes)

All standard caveats about getting what you’ve paid for etc etc apply…

Cheers, Geoff

4 Likes

Wow…Thank you, I will work on that!!

Thanks for the help. But could you please tell me about . dcm file?..Is there any way that I can generate one of those myself?

I didn’t realise that file existed. The format is very simple though. The entry for this part is:

$CMP JACK_TRS
D Stereo headphone jack
$ENDCMP

Entries are separated by a hash comment just like the .lib file.

Some of my parts have additional information such as a datasheet - they look like this:

$CMP ICL7660S
D ICL7660S
K Super Voltage Converter IC
F http://www.kcttek.com/uploads/soft/LP28056S-00.pdf
$ENDCMP

And the dialog where this happens in the GUI is this one in the symbol editor:

Well. I shall try it out…Thanks once again

Thank you!..I wil work on it:-)

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and kicad. I have the same problem as
Adityapanchangam, and I still haven’t solved it. I can’t download the library, can you resend the link?

From year 2016? Please at least open a new thread and give a fresh description of your needs. And I repeat what stryker already said back then… “I recommend you give this a crack yourself - it is something you’ll need to do”.