2007 copy of Elektor, with Kicad article!

So, whilst looking to clear out some old books, I found a single copy of Elektor: it was the 2007 July/August “Double Summer Issue”. I was about to consider it for recycling, when I saw an article on page 134: “KiCad: a high-level tool”. It seems that Elector had included a DVD in their November 2006 issue, which included a copy of KiCad … I wonder which version THAT would have been!

1. If anyone would like to see a scan of the article, then let me know, and I’ll make one available online somewhere.

2. If someone (in the UK!!!) would like the magazine, then please ask.

Paul

5 Likes

Ha, that’s interesting. I have electronic copies of all their back issues which I downloaded when I had a subscription. (I haven’t had time to look through all the back issues.) I can’t repost the article but here’s an interesting screenshot of part of the first page. Software problems are nothing new, as you can see from the mention of the wx library.

It seems from the window title that the version date reviewed was 2006-08-28. If it had a version number you could probably find it by looking in software archives of that time for the packages.

Edit: That issue can be found in the Internet Archives here: Elektor 2006 07 : Ross Herbert : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

4 Likes