2 standard potentiometer schematic symbols

Hi All, I feel kinda silly for asking this (brand new user) but ive been searching the libraries and blog for hours and haven’t been able to find the 2 standard symbols for a potentiometer: resistor symbol with 3 pins, or resistor symbol with 2 pins and an arrow across. Somebody must have one?
Thanks!!!
Mike

1 Like

Search “Potentiometer”.

1 Like

Thanks, Hermit. I did that, I get a bunch of symbols under “Potentiometer_Digital” but nothing under, e.g. Device. Device has variable inductors and capacitors, but I haven’t found pots. Maybe my install is screwed up. I do seem to have lots of symbols, but maybe something is missing.

If I look here:
https://kicad.github.io/symbols/Device

I do find R_POT, which is what I think I want. I don’t get any hits when I try to place. Maybe I need to download this library and install, will try that.

That did it. I downloaded and copied Device lib over top of the one that came with the installer. I can now see R_POT. Im working with an old junky winxp computer, so maybe the installer put an old version of the lib.

1 Like

I don’t use Windows so I can’t give an answer to the installer. I use GIT to keep the libraries in sync. A simple script I run every now and again. In the long run that is usually the best solution to make sure you have everything and are up to date.

1 Like

What kicad version are you running?

1 Like

It says 5.01 -3. I think something went wrong with the install, since it can’t find, e.g. WIRE_PAD. Unfortunately, my computer is old junk, running Windows XP. I tried another drive with a newer windows, and it ran even slower than it runs now. Will try to re-install libraries. Thanks everyone.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.