0.1" header library

Can anybody please point out to me how to find 0.1" header library in KiCAD?

Similar to this http://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/19182/where-is-the-eagle-component-library-for-0-1-breakaway-headers

In the new library system there’s one called “Socket_Strip” that has straight and right-angled footprints for that kind of header.

In the old system I think there were “HEADER_xxx” type names in the pin_array module.

There is Pin_Headers.pretty library for straight and angled pin strips too (available in the new Kicad distribution)

And if you decide to make your own library, I recommend this method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB06W1EDyeU

I am using old system (seems the new system is not there for Windows). Can’t find the “HEADER_xxx”

I tried searching by keywords with ‘HEADER’ ‘HEADER_’ but nothing comes

Chris,
I followed the link to make the footprint. I need 2x14 pin 0.1 inch header. So after making the footprint, I see below error in the pcbnew after reading the netlist

Module [U17]: Pad [~] not found
Module [U16]: Pad [~] not found

If you count, you will see it is complaining about 26 pins (not about 28 which is the total number). So it is recognizing only one pin per header (U16, 17 two different headers).

I think my schematic symbol library that I made doesn’t match with the footprint through hole circular pad. Attached images. Please suggest.

nevermind, got it. Didn’t assign pin number

That’s odd, I definitely have them in “connect.mod” maybe I created them all.

I have mint connect.mod on my pc, and there is no header* modules there, however there are SIL1 to SIL28 modules which can be used for the same purpose.

Careful with the SIL* headers, They have a 0.8mm drill size which can be too small for the square pins on headers. Generally I’d go with 1.0mm holes or whatever the manufacturer states in the datasheet.

1 Like

that’s good to know!